Tenant Guide

As Members of Property Mark, The Property Ombudsman and The Dispute Service and with qualified members of The Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA) and The National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA) we at Riverside Properties are a qualified, fully regulated Property Agent.

We are committed to making your moving process as comfortable, stress free and easy as possible.

Here is how we make this possible:

  • A wide and varied selection of properties to suit your needs.
  • We offer a pick-up service if required.
  • We can provide a Fast track move in service.
  • Tenant packs loaded with essential and helpful information with every tenancy.
  • Maintenance and property repairs carried out by certified and approved contractors.
  • Online repair reporting facility 24/7.
  • Friendly, professional and experienced staff members.
Moving In
Hull Dock

As easy as one, two, three!

Step One

Select properties, arrange accompanied viewings at a time that suits you.

Step Two

Complete your application form either in branch or online.

Step Three

We will require photographic Identification, proof of any applicable visa status for each applying tenant and proof of income. Pay your deposit, first month's rent in advance and sign your tenancy agreement.

Once all required documentation has been provided and monies paid, you will be handed the keys to your new home.

All of the above steps can be carried out on the same day in one place to make things as easy and stress free as possible for you.

Once you have moved in to your property:

You will need to know your responsibilities as a tenant.

We have put together a brochure for you to assist you throughout your tenancy, please take the time to read it.

Download Tenant Brochure (PDF)

Important things to remember:

  • Take Gas, Electricity and Water meter readings and set up any direct debits.
  • Register for Council Tax.
  • Inform the TV Licencing department.
  • Redirect your post with Royal Mail.

All Riverside properties have the following:

  • Gas Safety Certificates (where applicable).
  • Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).
  • Deposits/Bonds are securely registered with 'The Dispute Service'.
  • A detailed inventory of the subject property's condition and contents.


If you have any repairs to report please click here.

Paying your Rent

  • Make it easy to pay your rent by setting up a standing order, our team are happy to assist in helping you arrange this.
  • Over the phone, we accept all major UK Debit cards.
  • Cash payments can be taken in Branch.

Download Application Form (PDF)